BlackBerry Desktop Software is a software that supports the data synchronization between your desktop (PC), your BlackBerry smartphone, and your BlackBerry tablet with ease.
Featured features you’ll get when using BlackBerry Desktop Software
– Sync your contacts and appointments: your contacts, calendar appointments, tasks, and notes can be synced with Windows apps such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows calendar, and other apps like IBM Lotus Notes and Yahoo!
– Backup, restore and manage apps: You can transfer data between BlackBerry smartphones, backup and restore information manually or automatically, and add or remove apps.
– Music Sync: The app makes it easy to sync your iTunes playlists and Windows Media music files from a specific artist or genre, favorite video, or music combination.
– BlackBerry Media/image and Video synchronization: Import new photos and videos taken on your Blackberry device into your PC and synchronize the album with your device. You can also use the Device Switch Wizard to migrate from this BlackBerry device to another device.
You can see tips for using these features in our article: 3 tips for the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
To use BlackBerry Desktop Software you need
– PC is used one of the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7
– Your PC needs to have Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or later or is connected to the Internet.
– You must use Windows Media Player version 10 or later or iTunes version 7.7.1 and above to be able to synchronize music
– In addition, for BlackBerry the device needs to be installed firmware version 4.2 or later and a memory card or built-in media memory
One important note that you need to be aware of when using this software is that BlackBerry will no longer offer updates, including security updates to BlackBerry Desktop Software. So here is the software will no longer be available technical support.