When installing Revit we can not avoid small errors can do not read carefully the installation instructions or also due to various reasons, causing us to lose quite a bit of time to find out how to fix. This article will state the error cases when installing the most common Revit and how to fix it efficiently.
1/ The computer fully configures the non-installed Revit:
When we activate the software installation file Revit, receive a system error message “Operating System Unsupported-You cannot install this product on the current Operating system. Please Read the systerm requirements for details “.
Step 1: Check the computer configuration that meets the requirements for the Revit setting of Autodesk requirements? Specifically:
- Windows@7 SP1 64 Bit; Windows@8.1 64 Bit
- Multi-Core or Single Intel® Pentium®, Xeon®, or i-Series processor or AMD® equivalent with SSE2 technology.
- Memory: 4GB Ram
- Video Display:
– Display capable of 24-bit color adapter
– Graphics card DirectX® 11 capable, with Shader Model 3
- Disk Space: 5GB Free disk space
- Media: Installation or download from DVD9 or USB key
- Pointing Device: MS-Mouse or 3Dconnexion® compliant device
- Browser: Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 (or later)
Step 2: If your computer configuration is satisfactory, the next step will proceed to check whether the Window 7 you installed has update to Window 7 Servek Pack 1 yet. If not, proceed to update to the Win 7 SP1, for example below:
2/ Error icon Install to install Revit:
The cause of this error was that because the installation of Revit was in the previous computer but due to the deletion process was not thoroughly installed, the Install icon is dimmed and cannot be installed.
Using Autodesk’s Uninstall tool to remove
- Go to drive C by path “C:Program Files (x86) Common FilesAutodesk SharedUninstall ToolR1 “/Then double-click on the icon “UninstallTool”.
- The notification panel appears? Select “Yes “
- Tick the Revit version you need to remove as below/Then click Uninstall to proceed with the removal.
- Once removed, proceed to reinstall the necessary Revit version.
3/ Error message failed when installing Revit “Installation Complete, Some products failed to install “
For such causes: Still install an older version in PC, uninstall but do not know how to unmount should remain but hidden files of the previous installation files, conflicts with other versions of Revit.
Way 1: Get to Uninstall/Change in Control Panel to proceed with the removal
Way 2: Do as the second error tutorial is taking Autodesk’s Uninstall tool to remove
4/ Error file Revit when installing:
When we launch the program it will appear error message “The system cannot find The file specified ” Due to the following reasons: A faulty Revit installation, or an antivirus that deletes or blocks the installation file.
- Before dowload file Revit need to temporarily disable antivirus software
- Dowload Edition Standard Revit Installer: Here
- If the installation is packaged as Winrar, then now out the desktop then run the installation file in RAR file (unzipped installation file)
5/ fail to run the installation file Revit:
When you just click on the installation file Revit A error message to the cause is the program does not understand the folder name of your Revit settings.
Direction solved: Right-click on that folder/select Rename to edit (the folder name should not be too long, no weird characters, not written in Vietnamese accented)
Above are the errors when installing the Revit software and guiding specific fixes. Hope to help you.